Why the best moisturizer for dry skin is super foods and not your traditional moisturizer!
Feel like your skin has been looking a little worse for wear with the sudden onset of winter? Well you are not alone. Dry skin which causes fine lines, cracking and dry patches (basically making your skin look much older than it actually is) is more common in the winter months as the humidity drops.
While not unique to Australia, the Australian climate certainly doesn’t do our skin any favours. Following a long hot summer, Australia’s humidity suddenly plummets seemingly overnight leaving many of us with severely dry skin.
Changing humidity in the air is a leading cause of dry skin.
Getting technical for a second! The term humidity describes the total amount of moisture that the air is capable of holding at the given temperature. Humidity in the air helps the skins hydration level. When we have high humidity the air adds moisture to the skins epidermis and when it is low it doesn’t. And while drinking more water in winter would help, it isn’t enough to fix your skin’s dryness. And that is because dry skin lacks enough oil to hold water into the dermis.
Oil in the skin is critical to keeping the skin hydrated, it locks water and moisture deep into the dermis of the skin. Without oil in the skin you easily lose water through your epidermis. When you lack oil in your skin in summer the high humidity in the air assists your skin staying moist, but when the low humidity hits, the little moisture in your skin isn’t being held in with oil and rapidly evaporates leaving your skin dry.
Your skin will work hard to produce additional oil to moisturize, but for many skin types it is hard to catch up, so you have dry skin all winter!
The three things that exacerbate dry skin :
1. Ageing makes your skin drier! Your skin changes with age as it produces less natural oils that hold moisture into the skin , so you lose water from the skin quicker as you get older, making you drier
2. Winter heaters warm body BUT speed up skin dehydration making you lose water faster!
3. Poor Lifestyle choices make things worse!: Excess consumption of too many processed foods, alcohol, and smoking impact skin health and it's ability to function properly
4. Toxic skincare can make things worse by sucking the moisture from your dermis up to the surface of your skin, causing deep issues of dehydration.
But there is a solution : Applying a nutritious topical diet of super foods ( not synthetic ingredients) can help rapidly replace the moisture and oil in your skin, hydrating and eliminating dryness leading to healthy glowing skin, making it the best moisturizer for dry skin.
Why natural skin care made 100% from Super foods and organic ingredients are good for dry skin?
The right plant super oils, butters and extracts can make a remarkable difference for dry, flaky, and dehydrated skin as they penetrate deep into the dermis of the skin, without any toxins.
They fortify and strengthen the skins natural barrier and protection against pollutants and smog through their high antioxidant and vitamin and mineral content.
Nut and seed oils, as an example, protect the skin from the drying effects of the cold season as they deliver high doses of Vitamin E and Omega-3. One of our favourite oils for dryness is that from Brazil nuts (which we use in The Harvest Face Oil), which is incredibly beneficial to dry skin skin due to it’s high levels of selenium which helps protect the moisture barrier and prevent dry skin.
So what is the best natural skin care routine for dry skin:
If you have problems with sensitive or dry skin, be careful about how you treat your face. It might seem like common sense to use hot water and soaps or to reach for skincare with a list of synthetic ingredients you have never heard of but this can only make things worse. We recommend:
1. Use a “gentle” face cleanser that will get rid of dirt without disturbing the skin. We recommend a natural face cleansing balm, that doesn’t strip the skin of oil but leaves it soft and clean.
2. Step away from a heavy exfoliator for the face ! Exfoliation is important to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores but use of too much physical exfoliating further drys the skin. Reach for active clays such as those from Brazil and natural fruit extracts such as papaya and pineapple that naturally enzymatically remove dead skin cells from your face is the best options.
3. Add moisture to the skin through the right serum which will immediately hydrate the skin on your face
4. Follow your serum with face oil rather than a moisturiser. The right oil blends will lock moisture into the skin providing a long term solution to dryness
5. Stick with a simple routine based on pure plant based ingredients.Your routine has to be simple and easy to maintain!
If you have dry skin, it can be frustrating to find products that work without spending a fortune or worrying about harmful side effects. But you can fight dry skin naturally and effectively without having to spend excessive amounts of money or introduce harmful chemicals to your body.
That’s why at The Clean Skin Movement we have the 21 Day’s to healthier skin Trial Packs. A complete skincare routine for 21 days to help combat dry skin, made 100% of superfoods and 100% CLEAN of synthetic, artificial and chemically altered ingredients. The pack lasts for 21 Days, allowing you to evaluate the results without paying full price!
With packs start at $49.95 there has never been an easy and more cost effective way to trial a new skin routine and evaluate the impact of superfoods on your skin.
So why not say goodbye to dry skin with The Clean Skin Movement 21 Day Trial packs....
Please note that the content in this blog and on our website is provided for general informational purposes and should not be considered medical advice. Product information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Comments and feedback about product effectiveness are based on customer, staff and family opinions and should not be substituted for medical care.