Clean skin, is skin that is free of toxins, synthetic, artificial and chemical ingredients.
It is an extension of the concept of clean eating, it is based on holistic skin health, and feeding your skin topically a vitamin rich diet from super foods and organic ingredients.
Why you need to clean up your beauty routine. Ten facts that you should to consider before applying skincare:
- Your skin absorbs 60% of what you put on it and delivers these compounds into your blood stream, affecting the long term health of your body.
- Your skin is an organ, like the rest of your body. To function optimally it needs vitamins and minerals from superfoods not synthetic ingredients from a lab.
- 1 in 5 people Australia are sensitive to the chemicals in their home. And the skincare category is one of the main offenders in introducing toxins into the home.
- There is little or no regulation of beauty products. Many synthetic ingredients have not even been tested or impacts measure over the long term yet are labelled safe to use.
- A beauty brand can say it is “Natural , but it doesn’t mean it is . Many "natural brands" contain as little as 1% natural ingredients and also contain harsh chemicals and preservatives hidden in ingredient panels.
- Just because an ingredient is “Natural” doesn’t mean it’s good for you. And "Naturally derived ingredients, may have been natural once but since have been heavily processed with chemicals ( Which are not labelled but hidden)
- Many synthetic ingredients in traditional skin care brands are simply fillers, they reduce the cost of a product to make, which means the product contains little or none of the good stuff.
- There are many “Hidden” components in complicated ingredient lists. Many preservatives also contain alcohol. Many well known ingredients like Retinol and Hyaluronic acid are produced from animal offal. This is not listed on your label.
- Toxic and synthetic ingredients in your skincare slowly build up in your body over time leading to dehydrated, sensitive and reactive skin which is actually in poor health because of what you have been putting on it. Not to mention the numerous other health complications that come from putting chemicals all over your skin.
So how do you navigate this environment ? Luckily skin care is a choice you can make. Read the ingredient panels. Know what what you are putting on your skin?
The Clean Skin Movement provides a zero chemical range of skin care that is
- 100% CLEAN of all synthetic, artificial, and toxic ingredients
- 100% CLEAN of Fragrance and Perfume
- 100% CLEAN of animal cruelty and animal products
- 100% made with superfoods and organic plant ingredients
We invite you to check our ingredient panels. No Beauty secrets here!